We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Site and services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” data. Aggregate data is the information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in the aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our services. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our services and for advertising and marketing purposes.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you.
Information You Give Us. We collect the information you give us on our Site and when you register for and use our services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our services or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
- Payment Information. If you choose to use a paid Omisocial account or service, our payment processing vendor collects your credit card information and billing address.
- Third-Party Account Information. When you connect our services to your marketplace accounts on third-party websites, we collect the login and authentication information necessary to maintain the connection, as well as any information downloaded from these third-party websites, such as order and inventory information.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Site, services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every website you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, browser type and language, and referring website addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, files and pages accessed or used by you.
Use of Personal Information
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site and services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Website and our publications, products and services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Omisocial or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Site and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our service; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Omisocial that better meet your needs;
- to send and receive order and inventory information from third-party websites in which you have an account for the services of our Site;
- to contact you if you win a contest; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Omisocial may store and process personal information in Singapore and other countries.
Sharing of Personal Information
Omisocial reserves the right to share aggregated demographic information about our customers, sales, and traffic to our partners and advertisers. We will not give, sell, rent, share, or trade any of your personal information or any data that you store using our services to any third party except as outlined in this Policy or with your consent. We may disclose information to a third party to
- (a) comply with laws or respond to lawful requests and legal process,
- (c) in the good faith belief that disclosure is needed to respond to an emergency, or protect the personal safety of any person.
Omisocial provides you with opportunities to connect with third party services and includes product features that by their nature share information with those third party services. Those services can see your merchant order information, inventory information and counts, shipment tracking numbers and other related information. If you choose to use any such third party services, we may facilitate the sharing of your information with those services. Your use of such services is not governed by Omisocial’s terms or this Policy. Omisocial does not control the services of those third parties or how they use your information and documents. Be sure to review the terms and the privacy policies of those third parties before using their services.
You may update, correct, or delete your Personal Data and preferences at any time by request to us at the email below. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases instantly or within a reasonable time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where we otherwise reasonably believe that we have a legitimate reason to do so.
You may decline to share certain Personal Data with us, in which case we may not be able to provide you some of the features and functionality of the Services.
At any time, you may object to the processing of your Personal Data, on legitimate grounds, except if otherwise permitted by applicable law. If you believe your right to privacy granted by applicable data protection laws has been infringed upon, please contact us at the email below. You also have a right to complain to data protection authorities.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data; Retention
As before, we will only collect and use Personal Data when we have lawful bases for doing so. These lawful bases include when you provide consent, when we have a contractual obligation to collect or process your Personal Data, and when we have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Data.
When we collect Personal Data, we keep it for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed. For example, we will retain your email address information for as long as the Services are active and as needed to provide you the Services; and after that, we will keep the Personal Data for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to your use of the Services. We will periodically review the Personal Data we hold and delete it securely when there is no longer a legal, business, or consumer need for it to be retained.
Where we transfer your Personal Data outside Singapore, we take steps to ensure these transfers are conducted following applicable laws and using adequate and appropriate safeguards.
Network and Information Security
Omisocial takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Additionally, highly confidential personal information such as credit card number and password that we request from you on our Site is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. Besides, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to store on our systems are maintained at adequate levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
Your account information and access to our service are accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. Also, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information
If your personal information changes in any way, we invite you to correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account on Omisocial at any time.
Omisocial may send you communications or data regarding our Site and services, including but not limited to
- (i) notices about your use of our Site and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, updates promotional information and materials regarding our products and services.
You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Omisocial by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
‘Do Not Track’ notifications.
Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a “Do Not Track” signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser.
Our Services are available for purchase only for those over the age of 18. Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
Data Protection Authority.
We maintain your personal data following the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA).